Over the last 20 years, ICELDA has developed and designed solutions for apparently intractable language problems, for universities, universities of technology, and private education institutions.
In all this time, we have not had a single dissatisfied client. Our language tests, courses and policies are targeted to meet our clients’ needs every time.
Our track record
- We add value to existing offerings by institutions, by helping to refine and improve them.
- We design and provide solutions to difficult language problems.
- We back up our designs with scholarly analyses and research.
- We exploit our extensive networks for the benefit of our clients.
- We use technology to advance multimodal language learning, autonomous learning, blended learning and online modes of delivery.
- We stimulate postgraduate studies in the fields of language and literacy.
Our research and products are usually the result of projects. Current projects include the following:
- Fair and unbiased testing (including online and paper-based, discipline specific testing and test translation) in multiple languages, funded by SADiLaR.
- Diagnostic, placement, and proficiency testing, funded by SADiLaR.
- Writing development aids (online writing aid platform), funded by SADiLaR and KU Leuven.
- Writing centre support materials (educational videos, handouts, exercises, consultant training manual), funded by NWU.
- Anti-plagiarism training materials: an interactive referencing tool, with exercises, handouts and videos, funded by NWU.